Company: O’Brien PR
Location: Unit W5D, Tougher Business Park, Newhall, Naas, Co. Kildare
Position/Title: Public Relations Account Executive
Contract Type: 6-month contract
O’Brien PR, a full service, PR agency, is seeking a creative, hardworking and enthusiastic Account Executive to join our team.
This is a very exciting opportunity for someone to further their career in PR and work in an agency with a client list which includes names such as Dubai Duty Free, Newbridge Silverware, international hotel company, PREM Group, Naas Racecourse, Lyrath Estate, Cahernane House Hotel and many others.
Reporting directly to the Account Manager you will work on multiple client accounts which include travel brands, sporting events, hotels and high-end lifestyle, consumer products. The successful candidate will:
- Draft press releases, create public relations packs and write photography briefs and captions.
- Pitch and place stories, competitions and interviews with key media and influencers.
- Look after the O’Brien PR social media accounts and our website.
- Handle guest list lists and be the main point of contact for RSVP’s to our events.
- Work alongside other members of the team on large events, namely booking suppliers and organizing logistics.
- Manage all competitions for consumer media.
- Create end of month and project, client reports.
- Arrange press familiarisation trips to client hotels.
- Ensure the Account Manager is kept up to date on all activities.
- Maintain accurate records of media engagements and leads for story placements.
- Play a central role in the commercial life of O’Brien PR in order to develop new business.
- Third level qualification in public relations, marketing, communications or journalism.
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience working in a PR agency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Clear understanding of the digital communications environment and have experience in the implementation of strong social media campaigns.
- Experience working within a team with the ability to work independently and show great initiative
- Strong attention to detail, highly organised and ability to think creatively
- Established media contacts
- Complete understanding of social media and influencers and ability to create social media campaigns
- Excellent IT skills, design skills an advantage.
- Full driving license and own transport essential.
- We are looking for a team player with great interpersonal skills, who is calm under pressure and self-motivated